Thursday, April 23, 2009

Quote of the day – Hillary Clinton

Republicans are outraged that Obama shook hands with Hugo Chavez.  How dare he!?!  Never mind that their revered leader shook hands with Gorbachev at the height of the cold war.  Shaking hands with someone doesn’t mean your friends or even like the other person.  I wrote about it on my 400th post. 

Secretary of State Clinton took a question on Obama’s actions.  In the course of her response she said,

“President Obama won the election.  He beat me in a primary where he put forth a different approach.”

It’s not a ringing endorsement of Obama’s strategy but Hillary did a good job of putting the congressman in his place.  You can watch the entire exchange here:

Credit to Greg Linnell, one of my former students, for bringing the video to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment