Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For the love of bacon

It’s midnight… I have had 8 hours of sleep in three days. I’m lying in bed trying to go to sleep. I rise with a start: I left the bacon out. Before they moved the fridge I took two pounds of bacon out of the freezer. I must have left it on the counter at the old place.

I get out of bed, put on clothes and drive back to the old place. It’s not just that bacon is $9/pound… it’s that for two months it was not available for any price.

I wish I could report that I found the bacon on the counter. Nope. I must have packed it. I drive back and spend the next hour searching through boxes. No bacon. I gave up hope. I started unpacking clothes and as I opened a suitcase I found the bacon.

“Oh that’s right,” I thought. “I put the bacon in the suitcase so I wouldn’t forget it.”

4 comments:

  1. Now that would have been a nasty surprise if you were slow in unpacking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now your clothes smell like bacon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get some sleep homeslice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get some sleep homeslice!

    ReplyDelete