Thursday, April 16, 2009

All I want for Christmas

image

A woman is selling this on Saturday. She has not set a price AND she does not want any calls before the start of the sale at 1PM.

My plan is to deliver a case of Coke to her front door tomorrow with a note pleading that she not sell it to anyone before Saturday. I will then arrive early and camp in front of her door.

I have wanted a Coke refrigerator for decades. Coke can’t sell me one in the US because of liability: “What if some child ended up in one and suffocated?” Lame!

I begged the former owner of the Sip-n-Stir to let me have his when he sold the place. He wouldn’t give it to me but he did give me his secret recipe for Bloody Mary’s as a consolation prize.

Wish me luck. I haven’t wanted something this bad since Christmas 1982 when I wanted an Apple II.

I didn’t get it.

8 comments:

  1. And so you'll have it there and you'll get it here how?

    Or is it time to put the house up for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. People have had their sofa's shipped from here to the US. If I get this, trust me, it WILL return with me to the US. I'll buy an extra seat on the plane if I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine this is like the Holy Grail for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we open up the discussion about Geek vs. Nerd again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travis - Can't you just give me the moment of hope? I want this. I really, really want this. Go back to your Baptist roots and pray for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started off Lutheran...then Baptist...now...well........ummmm.......never mind, pass me another martini please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would do more than deliver a case of Coke to her door if you really want it. Not sure what - but definitely something more than a case of Coke. If she's selling this - perhaps she doesn't like Coke anymore?

    I remember you begging George - and I definitely appreciated him giving you his Bloody Mary recipe. :) I wish I had Eddie's pizza crust recipe - I kind of know it, but never wrote it down and now wish I had... I'm making Sip Margaritas tomorrow night for my Bunco party.

    Hope you get the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ???????????????? OCD much?

    ReplyDelete