Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How to spin a good story bad

Like most Americans I was pleased at the outcome of the pirate attack. (Pirates attacking ships in the region has been big news since I arrived here. It took having an American ship get hijacked to make news back home.)

The Rush-Hannity shout fest has been very critical of Obama throughout the ordeal. I counted 12 different forums on the matter on Hannity during the crisis. Since the crisis is over all of the critics are saying, "This really wasn't a presidential matter. It's the Navy that handled it right." If the matter had turned out badly I'm sure they'd be saying the same thing.

Umm, yeah. At least this president didn't taunt the hijackers by saying, "Bring it on!" or now that this particular crisis has ended nobody at the White House hung a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

The nut-wing of the right sees the world this way:

But if George Bush were still president they'd present it this way:

Graphs from Andrew Sullivan.

Update: Gloria Borger explains that Republicans should put away Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Quite the contrary, we hear about the hijackings all the time. What I didn't know (or if I did, I had forgotten) is that Somalia has no government!!! How can that be?

    ReplyDelete