Friday, April 3, 2009

Stunning

The Iowa Supreme Court has ruled that gays may get married in Iowa.

I am stunned and concerned. Democrats have effectively stopped all efforts to create a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. Their reasoning, however, is not reassuring. They blocked it on the grounds that it was unnecessary.

Well, that argument's out the window.

My hope is that the deflection now will be the economy: "We have no time to issue legislation on this we have to focus on the economy."

3 comments:

  1. I am THRILLED by this ruling. Shocked, but very, very pleased. And it was unanimous. How cool.

    Let us celebrate this for a while, Steve, before you start with your hand wringing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't yet, go to funnyordie.com and watch the Proposition 8 Musical. This country NEEDS gays to be able to marry!!! Think of all the $$$ pumped into the economy with the decorations alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My God, Travis, you're right! This could pull Iowa right out of the recession! I'm going to quit my job, let my inner gay man out and start a wedding chapel just for homosexuals. My "Sacred Chapel of the Yellow Brick Road"!!

    ReplyDelete