Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All boxed up and no place to go

I am most shocked that I didn't expect this...

HR told me on Monday that I would be moved on Tuesday. I e-mailed my classes to let them know they were canceled.

I spent the night packing boxes and completed the task by 4AM. After a three hour nap I woke up and moved the boxes to the hallway. The movers were to arrive at 9 and by that time I had everything moved to the hall. They still hadn't arrived at 10. I called the HR office. "Where are the movers?" I asked.

"They had postpone until tomorrow. The mover was supposed to call you."

During the conversation the HR guy blamed all of our housing woes on the global financial crisis. He even mentioned Lehman Brothers.

"I'm sorry," I interjected, "Lehman brothers has nothing to do with a hallway full of my stuff."

I have not bored blog readers with half of the lies we've been told by HR and housing department. Suffice to say I'm frustrated to the point of tears.

And it's Lehman Brothers fault. It always comes back to Lehman Brothers.

3 comments:

  1. So do you have to cancel classes on Wednesday now too? Your students will be happy - but how frustrating for you!

    Well, you kind of HAD to pack up and prepare just IN CASE they actually followed through on what they said. Because the one time you didn't - you know that they would have showed up!

    I think you need to go look at your Coke fridge and breathe deeply for an hour or two...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I'm not surprised but I feel for you as to how frustrating this must be.

    Personally I think AIG has more to do with it than Lehman, but that could just be me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you meant to say it was Obama's fault!!

    ReplyDelete