Friday, April 17, 2009

Simply Awesome

Earlier today I left a six pack of Coke and the following note:
Hello!
I respect your desire to not be bothered before your sale. Hence, I will leave this and quietly go my way. I will be back promptly at 1PM tomorrow because I really, really want your Coke refrigerator. I collect everything Coke. Back in the states my house looks like a Coke museum. The one item I have not been able to get is a Coke refrigerator!
Again, I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Sincerely,
Steve Kranz

P.S. You'll know who I am on Saturday; I'll be the guy wearing the Coke shirt.
Later I received this message on Facebook;
Hi Steve,

Are you the one who left me the great note today about the Coke refrigerator I have for sale? If so, then consider it sold to you and you only -- I think it's awesome that you're such a die-hard Coke collector! My family has a long affiliation with Coke -- they created the first ever endowed academic Coca-Cola Professorship specifically for my father, who did a lot of consulting for them (he was a prof of Marketing), so I've been totally Coke loyal all my life! I won't even let Pepsi products in my house, much less drink them. :-)

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you tomorrow!

Cheers,
Adrienne
I have no idea how she found me on FaceBook, but I don't care... I'm getting a Coke fridge! I'm getting a Coke fridge!

4 comments:

  1. Now, it will be interesting to see if the price went up. "Oh, did I forget to tell you that it's $10,000?" Woops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what happened? How much did you end up paying and did you get it?

    ReplyDelete