Monday, April 6, 2009

Tell me it's an urban legend!

One of the features I like here is the ability to turn off the water heater with a flick of a switch. In my apartment each bathroom and the kitchen has its own water heater and switch.

Shortly after I arrived I was told that a teacher years ago was electrocuted while taking a shower. Since then I have been unable to take a shower with the heater on. If I'm in the shower and realize I had left it on I will step out of the shower and slosh to the hallway to shut it off.

Somehow the topic came up in class today. I asked my students if they had heard of such a thing. Immediately they responded, "Yes, yes..." and started telling stories.

I replied, "That was NOT what I wanted to hear. I wanted you tell me, 'No. There is no way that could happen.'

No comments:

Post a Comment