Monday, April 27, 2009

Rivotril (aka clonazepam)

A friend here says she and another colleague take this drug as a sleep aid. I'm hesitant to take anti-seizure medicine as a sleep aid. Anybody have insight on this one?

I've recently tried melatonin twice with no luck. I like the idea of melatonin... use the same hormone your body releases to make you sleepy. After taking it at 10 and still being awake at 2, I had to admit it just wasn't working!

Update: Ironically, a Facebook friend posted this on my wall. A guy is concerned because he took ambien in the morning, did many chores, apparently got in the car and drove to a woman's house and had sex with her. That evening he had no memories of the chores or the sex but had text messages from the woman. Now he's scared his wife will find out.

Sadly, I have to say this is plausible. Many times I have woke from the night of taking ambien to find all of my furniture rearranged, dishes done (woo hoo) and once I had even steam cleaned my carpet... not to mention losing my phone in a sack of unwanted ties in a corner of my closet.

Ambien is that powerful. Amnesia and doing strange things go hand-in-hand with this drug. That's why I wanted to know if Rivotril is a decent substitute.

3 comments:

  1. Would you mind sleeping at my house when you are home this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll ask my sister. Guarantee she will know.

    ReplyDelete