Thursday, April 23, 2009

Maslow's hierarchy

Maslow says we are constantly trying to satisfy our next need. We can't worry about safety if we are starving. (That's why a monkey will go to a water hole even knowing there's a chance he'll be eaten by an alligator.) Once food, shelter, and safety are taken care of then we can worry about having friends.

I wonder how this fits on Maslow: I stayed in a terrible apartment because I did not want part with the internet. Once I knew I was moving I visited the cable office daily. If I've learned anything in this country it's that you have to be a pain in the ass to get others to help.

It was installed late today after a ridiculous run around.

*****
Actually, this entire week has been one ridiculous run around after another. If all goes right tomorrow I'll have the Coke fridge and some used furniture I bought delivered. On Tuesday morning I was on the verge of tears. It's amazing, sometimes, how things can turn around.

Hmm. Like the entire year 2008 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment