Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My life as a dog explained

In 1985 My Life as a Dog won best foreign film.  I don't watch many foreign films but I caught this one and adopted its philosophy.

The story is of a boy who has one horrible thing after another happen to him (mom gets cancer, friend beats him up, etc.) He could choose to get depressed.  Instead he feels lucky, because he is able to see many who have it worse than him. 

"The dog" from the title is Laika. In 1957 the Russians sent her into orbit with no intention of bringing her back.

Monday was a bad day for me.  But using my "Life as a Dog" philosophy I read about a Sioux City woman who has it worse.  After a night of drinking she decided to make a run for the border (that's slang for going to Taco Bell). 

Drinking/getting the munchies... something we can all identify with...

This poor woman passed out after ordering her food. And unfortunately for her a cop was waiting behind her.

No matter how bad my day was, hers was worse.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for explaining. I was wondering when you were going to! Sorry you had a bad day on Monday.

    I don't know if my day yesterday was worse or not - I had to take care of my two cranky kids (one of whom was home sick from school) while having been up all night getting sick myself - and still feeling horrible all day. James stayed home to help - and ended up getting sick too!

    Hope life gets better soon! I'm glad to say that we do feel a lot better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She had placed the order. I wonder what Taco Bell did with her food.

    Hmm, come to think of it, did they leave her car there waiting for a tow truck? That had to kill a lot of drunk rush customers. On second thought, the cops lights took care of that.

    ReplyDelete