Monday, November 10, 2008

Gadgets

I'm sure you've noticed the new fangled gadgets along the side. Blogger has hundreds available. I'm going to try out some to see what looks good. I've tried a couple that allow people to place comments right on the blog... but they looked awful.

I want the clock and the alarm to work. It visibly works but I get no audio. I'd be curious if it works better for you. Why do I need an alarm? In almost 3 months I have yet to find an alarm clock. One time I asked in the Wal-mart like store we have here. The electronics person sent to the home section. The person in home section sent me to electronics.

**********
You may notice that the link to the Hannity/Insanity has been removed. I simply couldn't take the "I bought five guns today because BO will take away our freedom" posts.

**********
As days go this was one was odd. I overslept (see alarm comment above)... My computer shut down for no reason while I was working. When it came back up the supposed auto save in Word did not work. I lost over an hour's worth of work... My students came close to rebellion because my make up midterm was too hard (although the ones I've graded have been OK.)

And I end the day standing in Sanaya waiting to get my car back. Sanaya is the laborer section of town. At 11PM the place is bustling. It's like a Chinatown of car repair. Shop after shop almost indistinguishable from each other. Hundreds of Indian/Pakistani workers milling about. Not a woman within miles.

The car repair was a little under $200. Not bad for a new fuel pump, shocks, and a spark plug, but I bought the car a month ago and it was supposedly checked out then.

Later this week I'll get Mr. Housecall repair guy to take another look.

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously laughing out loud. That's more realistic than you can possibly imagine!

    I look forward to buying you dinner!

    ReplyDelete