Monday, November 24, 2008

Black Friday

For someone reason I like to get up at 3AM, get pushed around, and stand in long lines on the day after Thanksgiving. Last Thanksgiving was a particularly miserable experience as I stood in 10 degree weather for which I did not dress properly. I was able to get a TV for Mom & Dad’s kitchen but I’m not sure it was worth the feeling of frostbite in my toes.

You can see almost every store’s ads here.

Update: Sandy says this is a better website.
But, can you trust someone from Minnesota… the turkey capital of America?

3 comments:

  1. I prefer www.dealtaker.com for BF ads. I actually really do like Black Friday. I get up at 3:30, and I have all my shopping planned out with lists for each store. I am back at my parents' house by 7:30 a.m. and the kids are dressed and have had breakfast. Then, they go play and I wrap presents. We leave the wrapped presents at my parents' house - because we go back there for Christmas. And I am usually almost all DONE with my shopping then! And I usually get awesome deals.

    This is one thing I would really, really miss if I lived abroad. Anything you want me to pick you up that you see in the ads (withih limits of course!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT from Minnesota! I just live here. Of course, one could argue about trusting someone from Illinois a lot better, I think!

    Fix the link to dealtaker - it isn't working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Link fixed.

    You *chose* to live in Minnesota. Isn't that worse?

    ReplyDelete