Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dream

Occasionally I have incredibly realistic dreams.  Dreams so realistic that I have woke assuming they were real.  The illusion remains with me until I say something and another person says, “Huh?” and I realize my “memory” was really a dream.

I don’t typically share these dreams.  Who likes to hear about someone else’s dreams?

But I have to share this one.  (All but my closest friends are skipping to the next post… or deleting my blog from their favorite places…)

I was on the Price is Right.  I was in the final showcase.  The first showcase was a Coke lover’s dream.  A trip to Atlanta to visit the Coke Museum, a Coca Cola poker table, and lots and lots of Coke accessories – glasses, polar bears, clothes, etc.  I wanted it so bad I could taste.

The other guy had first choice.  He chose to bid.  He didn’t pass it to me!

He bid a conservative $2480.  Crap!  There’s no way he went over, but he probably only went $2000-3000 under.  That means I have to come that close.

Now it’s my turn.  The theme was a trip down HIllary Clinton’s life:  The first thing they showed were the first four cars Hillary ever drove.  They were modest cars, Chevy’s.  But how much are they worth?  Next up is a refrigerator.  Then four pieces of furniture.  Then some art work…

I’m screwed.  There’s no way I can come within $3000.  Plus, I think to myself, “I don’t want this stuff.  There’s no way I can take it back to the UAE.”

I bid $82000.

During the commercial break Bob (no lame Drew Carey in my Price is Right dream) asked the guy why he took the first showcase since it didn’t have much in it.  The guy said, “I told my buddies that if a showcase included a poker table I was going to bid on it.  Besides I saw the prize list earlier and I knew I couldn’t come close on the second showcase…”

A producer stepped forward.  “You saw the prize list in advance?” 

By disqualification I won my showcase.  I wanted both (something that happens if you are within $100 of winning your own showcase).  The producer laughed.  “Your showcase is worth $106,000.  There’s no way I can give you both.”

The excitement of having won on the Price is Right was so vivid I awoke immediately… realized I was lying on my couch in al Ain.  Damn.

3 comments:

  1. That's messed up. Was this an ambien dream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't remember anything on Ambien nights. As I learned last week, I don't remember the next morning, either. I took a half at like 11. I was still awake at 3. I took another half because, long story short I had to switch vehicles with Ann and still make it campus by 8.
    The next day I'm on campus at 1 ready to head out. I think to myself, "How did I get here today?" I had no memory of the drive to switch cars or the trip to campus.
    Eeek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad thing is, I can just imagine how devastated you were not to win the Coke showcase. Even worse, I'm disappointed for you.

    ReplyDelete