Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lists


To bring back to America:

Gifts. Want one? Let me know. I know it's odd to ask for a gift. It's OK this time. What would you like? T-shirt, bumper sticker, coffee pot (really cool), discounted airline ticket to come visit...

To bring back to the Emirates:

1. Cinnamon Scope. You have no idea how lucky you are to be able to buy Cinnamon Scope! Never tried it? Please do. I'm afraid they'll stop making it since I'm not in the US to buy a bottle per week.

2. Saline solution (Here's why)

3. Dress socks (why didn't I bring more before?)

4. Ties (why didn't I bring more before?)

5. Polo's - very acceptable dress here, should have brought more.

6. Long shorts. Must cover the knees.

7. Iowa, Iowa Iowa! I have never felt more of a need to wear Iowa stuff than living here. If you see a sale on Iowa clothes buy for me. I promise I will reimburse. I wear Large... but with the weight I'm gaining you better make it XL.

8. Coke coffee cups. I own over 100 Coke coffee cups. I need to bring 20 over here and leave them on the men's and women's campus. We get served coffee in our office (a wonderful perk). I'd like mine in a Coke coffee cup.

9. Dial soap. My favorite, not sold here.

10. Coke shower curtain.

11. More Coke mugs. In August I brought a few Coke plastic glasses and two of my favorite Coke mugs (the ones I keep in the freezer back home). I saw more on sale on ebay and Denise was kind enough to get them for me.

*******
This list is for me more than the blog. I have a habit of losing things. (I can hear those who know me saying, "Really?") By posting it on the blog and updating it I won't forget my list...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, what's up with the mailing address? I will start looking for some of that stuff because I am an awesome sale shopper! I actually have a stockpile of saline solution that I got for $2 or less and it is brand-name stuff (not generic). But, I guess you won't get it if I don't have your darn mailing address.

    Unless of course we somehow manage to be in the same city at the same time when you come back!

    I am usually not a jewelry person - but if there is something VERY reasonable in silver (necklace or earrings) that look cool, well that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete