Thursday, November 13, 2008

Great idea (for me)

To lock my door (from the inside) I have to use my key. That's great for me, the person prone to losing my keys, billfold, phone, etc.

Sadly, I have to confess that several times I have spent 10 minutes looking for my keys only to remember they are in the door.

I've never seen this in America. Do we have it? Also, washing machines here come with their own heater (no need to hook up to hot water). I've got a load of whites in the washer right now set to 170 degrees. Do we sell washers in America that do this? I'll bet we do, but it must be deluxe models.

*********
Unrelated: For some reason it was hot today. I'm sure it was over 100 degrees. This is nothing like August, but I had become accustomed to fall.

4 comments:

  1. I think this would be a great idea for me too! Although I wouldn't want to die in a fire either.
    There have been several mornings in which I have been frantically searching for my keys only to find they were in the lock on the outside of the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a washer that has its own mini-water heater. We got it with our house last year when we moved - it's an HE, so probably more expensive ones have that option. It's nice that we can take showers when the washer is on and not worry about getting blasted with cold/hot water in the middle - like at our old house.

    I have a hook where I am supposed to put my keys. In the winter, they typically end up in the pocket of whatever coat I wore last. Or at the bottom of my purse. It would take me a while to get used to leaving them in the lock and I would probably die in a fire too... It is the one thing I constantly forget - even though I am old (but only 4 weeks older than you remember!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just catching up on your blog and see that my daughter confesses to leaving her keys in the OUTSIDE door lock! YIKES!
    By the way, most businesses have locks like this.

    ReplyDelete