Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cultural day

The nation's independence day is next week and tonight the women hosted cultural dances on the women's campus. I am a lucky guy to have had an opportunity to witness the event. There were hundreds of students but only a few faculty and of those only 2 others were male.
It was spectacular to watch the dances from the Sudanese, Emiraties and Lebanese. I would have loved to have taken pictures to put on the blog, but they would have probably marked my last day in the Emirates.
*****
Tonight Mike, Ann and I drove to the top of Jebel Hafeet to listen to a French band. It was also great. Unfortunately, it was very, very cold. It's the first time I have been cold in six months.
This is a pic from my hotel room during my first week. Jebel Hafeet is the mountain you barely make out in the background.
*****
I left my apartment at 7:30 this morning and didn't get back until 11:30 tonight. Long day. Good day, but long. On top of all that Mike has forwarded me a picture of Pedro, a pug in Dubai in need of a home.
First, I hope Pedro's head grows. Those are the most serious bug eyes I've ever seen on a dog. There's a Pedro pic that's even worse but I can't put it on the blog because I don't want to see it again.

Second, I've told Mike to let the guy know that I'd be interested in shared custody. I won't take full custody. There's no way I could own a dog that had to be kenneled for the extended time I'm back in Iowa.

Update: No Pedro. He's been given to an agency that finds homes for dogs. I'm going to believe that he's found a good home. I can't think otherwise.

4 comments:

  1. Gus has a beautiful face. Something is wrong with this dog. He is ugly. Don't you dare adopt another dog while you still have Gus. I personally will pee on your leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom,
    Like Candice told Newt, "Don't be a hater." Even with the bug eyes this dog is cute.
    More importantly I love the pug attitude. I like pretty much every dog but there's something about the pug attitude that is compelling.
    Although Pedro's eyes go in both directions I'll cut him some slack. If we can work out something I will go for it. It doesn't mean I love Gus any less.
    Unless, of course, you'd like to tell me that love decreases as you add one child to the next!
    Fifth child love,
    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I got to say is I got a headache just looking into it eyes or trying to anyway.

    ReplyDelete