Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Safari

I have a student who lives south of town on a farm.  Today he asked me to come visit his farm and go on a a safari.  He said, "You can pay a company to go on a safari but it is not the real thing.  If you come to my farm it will be the real thing."

He went on, "My family will feed you a feast you have never had before."  I have no doubt.

He continued:  "We will spend three days out on the desert.  It's amazing."  Again, I have no doubt!

I told him, "I would love to come... but I would rather do it sometime when you are not one of my students."  He tried to assure me that he's had other faculty come to his place. 

This is something I hope I can do.  I won't do it until, 1.  He's no longer a student of mine, and 2.  I have clearance from those above me.

**********

As I was telling this story to Ann I added, "But I've never gone camping in America...  Three days in the desert?"

2 comments:

  1. It's a sandbox, dude, with no water and no hopes of anyone finding your carcass. If you're not willing to camp at Palisades, don't go wandering through the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I supposed to be the deciding vote here? LOL

    Um, I'm a city girl myself - and I would be reluctant. If you do end up going - I would make sure to talk to several people first and know what provisions to bring and how to prepare.

    Aren't you a risk-taker? Didn't you tell me your life insurance went up because of parachuting?

    But as for me - I probably wouldn't because again, I'm a city girl.

    ReplyDelete