Friday, November 7, 2008

Cheating update

So I have students using cell phones to take pictures of their exams.  It's a big learning curve for me.  My students in America would never have that much energy to cheat. 

On the first midterm I gave each section the same questions but mixed them up.  I had four different versions of the test scrambled.  The students said it would be unfair to give different questions to the different sections:  "What if we get a harder test than another section?"

Last week I told the classes that they would have to take a new midterm.  They were not happy.  "It's not fair!  I did not cheat.  Why should I have to take the new midterm?"  Good point I responded, "It's also not fair that I have write seven brand new midterms from scratch."  (One midterm for each section of the class and a different for the make-up.)

I also let them know that each class would have a completely different midterm.  I simply can't risk anything like this happening again.

It's Friday night.  I'm at home.  Why? I'm writing seven tests from scratch.  I hope you have more fun tonight than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment