Monday, November 17, 2008

No mall walkers here!

At the malls I am practically a senior citizen. It is very rare to see someone over 50. I can’t recall seeing anyone over 60.

I asked a student why. He said, “They are at home with their families.”

Ok, but all the time? Why don’t they visit the mall?

My student said that when he goes to the mall he does it to waste time. I said, “Sure, a lot of people do.”

He continued, “Older people don’t like to waste time. They want to spend it with their families. It is not right to spend time at the mall when they are waiting to die.”

3 comments:

  1. Just what is the average life expectancy over there? Are you supposed to be come a hermit at 45 and just wait at home for the grim reaper to show up? What if he's at the mall? Might never catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The source of this post came from a joke, "Hey, there are no mall walkers here..."
    Then I started looking around. There were not only no mall walkers there was nobody old, period.
    Life expectancy is no less here than anywhere else. Those over 30 never SAW a mall while growing up. No point going to one now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am laughing so hard I'm practically crying! Was this a slam on you by your students?

    Thanks for the good laugh - I needed it today!

    ReplyDelete