Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Handy, if I'm ever in an accident and need a transfusion

I wear throw away contacts that last 3 weeks to a month in Iowa. Now I live in a dry climate. I'm lucky if they last me a week here. I have been searching for saline solution. I couldn't find it at our equivalent of Wal-mart so I went to the local pharmacy.

Do you have saline solution? Sure! And they sold me this.

I've had it for two weeks. I have no idea how I am supposed to pour this in my eyes.

Yes, yes, this is the same saline bottle they hook up to patients in a hospital. I bought it thinking I could put it in my eyes...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, just hook it up and you won't get dehydrated! I believe I had to have some when I was pregnant with Maggie...

    So, does no one wear contacts there - and how have you been getting by so far? Do you just keep them in your eyes all day/night? If so, no wonder your eyes are dry! Can that stuff be sent through the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mailing it here isn't worth it... I will be home in 62 days (or says the counter). I can make it.
    As to Karey's comment, I've never been good at sticking needles in my own arm. So much for the intravenous drug use habit.

    ReplyDelete