Tuesday, June 9, 2009

One for three in the plant department

I've been given three plants as housewarming gifts. I don't think I could have killed the front two faster if I had tried. The one in back is doing well... so far.

I had this plant in back while working in Norfolk, Nebraska. Occasionally it needed to be trimmed and dead leaves removed. It had grown to be huge. One day I was in the office for about an hour before I realized the plant had been massacred. From large and bushy it had been trimmed down about four leaves.

The guy on the overnight shift had OCD and many, many other issues. Once he started trimming he couldn't stop.

I hope this plant has a better fate.

2 comments:

  1. Leave the "brown thumb" plant killing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you repot the plant on the left front and feed it (like Karey said) you might be able to revive it. Even tho it is hot and dry there, don't over water (again, like Karey said). It looks to me like that is the problem. I always erred on the side of caution and didn't water until a plant just barely started to wilt. That was my call to water.

    ReplyDelete