Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Student evaluations

I have my spring term evaluations.  The numbers were good and most of the comments were good, but there were more strange comments this time.  So here again are the Good, the Bad, and the “Huh?”

The good:

  • i think that he shouldnt improve anything. he is great in my opinion and i can understand everything he says
  • makes the class so funny and interesting and i like to attend his classes without missing any of them
  • THE SIR STEAVE IS THE BEST SIR..
  • Strengthens the thinking and you understand what is happening around you

There honestly weren’t any bad.  I even had a friend translate the Arabic comments and they weren’t bad.  The one criticism a student made is very valid:

  • He was just teaching the main points without mentioning any details...

There were several “Huh?” comments.  I have no idea what any of these mean:

  • Not only got made after each test, or duty
  • My phone has become a leading
  • Where he was speaking in Sriya and sometimes incomprehensible
  • Instructor very Mmta

I am sure I was incomprehensible while speaking in Sriya.

5 comments:

  1. Is the person writing the "Sir Steave" comments the same person? There was another very similar comment in your last evaluations. I'm guessing those are done anonymously - but I wonder if someone is trying to score brownie points anyway? :)

    BTW, when were you in Syria? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy -
    It had to be a different person, and these evaluations come just before they get their grades so as they are writing them they have no idea what there grade is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought you were very Mmta as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure the word "mmta" was in another evaluation before, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sorry, I just realized that this post is way old. I have no idea how I even came to this post. Just typed in your blog address, and this is the one that popped up in the memory of my browser. Sorry. You don't have to post either comment!

    ReplyDelete