Friday, June 19, 2009

Friends for dinner

It's the first time I've had more than three people over for dinner. It all went quite well. In typical fashion I made enough food for 20 people. The food was good, but not close to my best. If there was any nervousness it was in knowing that I'm from Iowa. Yes, we have people over for dinner in Iowa, but we generally lack the formalities of the Brits (on the left) or east coasters (on the right).

If they were offended by my gaffes (like no napkins) they put up a good front.

It also made me realize that I need to make certain items a permanent travel companion: The Coke placemats (barely visible in front of the guys in this pic) and my Coke napkins (back in the US) take up no room or weight in a suitcase. Now if I can only buy a second set of Coke silverware and dishware I'd be in business on both continents.

One of my guests demonstrated how short she can look!

No comments:

Post a Comment