Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm rich...

Ever have one of those visits to the ATM and find yourself stunned by the balance? For me that's rarely a good experience. Today I choked as I took out a couple hundred dirhams. The university had paid me my June, July, and August pay. To say I've never had this much money in my bank account would be an understatement. I've never dreamed of having this much money in my bank account.

But, I have to try to do something I've never been so good at: Budgeting. Because the next paycheck doesn't come until September 30.

I still have no idea when or how much I'll be paid for summer school. I've asked many people and the various formulas I've been told are hilariously different. The lowball prediction is $4000 less than the highball prediction. The lowball number is good, the highball number is "do cartwheels in the street" good.

Of course, I'd end up in traction if I tried to do a cartwheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment