Friday, June 26, 2009

The cost of paint

I'm pretty sure I got ripped off tonight. $35 for a gallon of paint? I bought two gallons for my front room. The guy selling me the paint knew very little English. As I expressed shock to the price he kept saying, "Jotun paint. Quality paint."

I replied, "I don't need quality paint. I'm not going to live here for twenty years."

Needless to say he didn't understand.

The worker crew is showing up tomorrow but I don't know if they understood I wanted my walls painted, not washed. As I play our awkward not-understanding-each-other conversation through my mind I think they think I want my walls washed.

Also, I had to park a half mile from the paint store (bad idea to go downtown on a Friday night). In walking that distance I was soaked in sweat... at 9PM.

Update: Yes, indeed, I did get ripped off. The paint should have been $20/gallon vs. $35/gallon. I'm going back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment