Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cedar Rapids is famous! For its clouds?

Photo from the Gazette...

I first heard of our new claim to fame from Ann's British friends. They had heard about this new cloud type and that this cloud was seen over Cedar Rapids in 2006.

I remember when these clouds hung over the city. This picture doesn't do it justice. I likened it to the fake clouds at the end of Ghostbusters. People poured out of offices and homes all around Cedar Rapids to get a look. Few of us would have been surprised if the sky had opened up to invaders from Mars. It was that freaky.

Click on the Gazette link above. The other photos by Jane Wiggins are much better.

3 comments:

  1. The clouds are beautiful and very spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right: the other pictures are much better. In fact, after I saw the other pictures, I do remember that day because I remember looking at the clouds from Ina's office window. We were half expecting the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those other pictures are amazing! Almost like a painting instead of a photograph.

    ReplyDelete