Friday, June 12, 2009

Inundated

Compared to last semester, this one was a breeze. In the future, I do need to make one adjustment: Telling students that a flurry of e-mails at the end of the semester will not only get no reply, they won't be read.

I have received over 100 e-mails in the past four days with grade related pleas. One student has sent more than ten. In the US I'd consider a restraining order. Another scanned her transcript showing a D+ grade point with an explanation as to why I have to give her an A.

Most of my colleagues are done. Finals graded, grades posted and a trip to the airport. My final exam schedule was five of my six finals in the last two days, today and tomorrow. With their other grades already in that gives my students time to perseverate in their pleas to me.

Yippee.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I still remember that C+ in Econ that Spellman "gave" me. Maybe you should cut them some slack. :)

    ReplyDelete