Thursday, June 18, 2009

California carrots

Tomorrow I'm having a dinner party for the few remaining friends I have in this country. I'm making vegetable beef stew, pork chops with gravy, garlic-cheese-bacon-onion-mashed-potatoes, and Green Giant niblets sweet corn.

In other words, I'm making my favorite meal from home. The difference is the meat and corn. There's no Fareway pork or beef here and nothing compares to homegrown frozen sweetcorn.

Tonight I'm preparing all the vegetables for the soup. The carrots I bought came from California. The beef is from Austrailia and the pork from Egypt.

I never knew my Iowa-based meal could be so international.

2 comments:

  1. If I were still living in Al-Ain, I would so gate-crash your dinner party -- sounds delicious!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beef stew (beef/veggie/gravy) AND pork chops AND gravy????? Overkill, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete