Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My first Fox video

And it’s a good one!  Really!  No sarcasm, but then I’ve been up for 22 hours now…  I think I’ve mentioned this before:  IShepard Smith is gunning for a job at a different network.  If he keeps saying stuff like this he doesn’t have a future at Fox.

It reminded of a conversation with Spellman after the Oklahoma City bombing.  He said, “This is a logical conclusion to the right wing radio.  If you are told day after day the government is corrupt, they are out to get you, etc., it makes sense to blow up a federal building.”

I don’t want to see the US impose hate speech laws like Europe but the nutcases out there need to be held accountable.

I know I, for one, am still waiting for Obama to announce that he’s a Muslim and that Islam is the new state religion.  I got at least a dozen e-mails before the election promising me it would happen.

3 comments:

  1. My guess is that those people who sent you the e-mails think that Obama has already somehow secretively made our country Muslim or is just still working on it. There are so many conspiracy theorists out there and it scares the living daylights out of me.

    In my opinion, the Obamas are very brave people - they have to know that at some point, someone is most likely going to try to do him harm (I really hope not, but with this kind of stuff going on, I think someone will attempt something). He is at a greater risk than most presidents because of his race, his beliefs on abortion, and that some people think he is a Muslim (and they think that all Muslims are terrorists). I just hope that I am wrong and/or that the Secret Service is better prepared than I think they are...

    I'm glad to see someone on Fox News actually speaking up against the horrible rhetoric that has been going on. If people say that ramping up the negative rhetoric isn't associated with some of the people who make assassination attempts - I think they are dead wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently you guys missed it when he was sworn in the Koran. And I'm pretty sure our school just received the new Islamic textbooks for next year.

    /snark

    ReplyDelete