Thursday, June 11, 2009

Delta update

I sent a note to Delta explaining what happened and I received a personal - not automated - response. The ticket's been changed and I'll be flying out late on July 28, arriving 6AM on July 29 in Atlanta. I'll spend the day there, hopefully visiting with my friends Matt & Jennifer. If they can't get off work I'm sure I can find something to do in the city. Another visit to the Coke store sounds good.

I board the plane to Iowa around 8 and get back to CR at 9:20.

I tried to put up the countdown clock that I used all last fall. Unfortunately, I can't find a decent one now. Today is 48 days from departure. 48 days. I left Iowa 126 days ago so it's definitely the downhill (very hot) slide from here.

Of course, if you are making summer plans do your outdoor activities in June and July. I'm a weather jinx. As you may recall it was -29 the day I arrived January... the weather was miserable while I was in Iowa... and it zoomed up to 58 right after I left.

8 comments:

  1. Does your weather jinx equate to extreme heat in August being you brought us extreme cold in January? If so, how long are you back for? Just kidding, you know I love those hot days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long are you back for? This time perhaps we can actually see each other? Sorry I wasn't willing to make the trip in -38 degree weather (which is what it was here in Minnesota).

    ReplyDelete
  3. July 29 through August 22(?). I'm going to ask my boss if I can report back two days late. That would give me another full weekend at home. That mean leaving on the 24th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In CR at 9:20 Am or PM? Gus will be with us at the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flight sounds about as fun as our flights to and from Hawaii.

    Of course, our flight took us to Hawaii and yours is bringing you to Cedar Crapids. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're in Atlanta, then definitely go to the Coke museum. It's a true pilgrimage site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaron, I know... I am much luckier.

    I'll be getting in at 9:20 PM... after a day in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it just me or are Steve's posts getting funnier?! Just be careful that everyone can read between the lines :).

    ReplyDelete