Monday, June 29, 2009

Favorite TV advertisement

A friend reminded me today that I dropped the ball on the “Uplifting music” theme.  Actually, he called it “pro ball dropping.”   He’s right, of course, I do hope to resurrect it in the future.

In the meantime I’d like your submission for favorite TV commercial.  I’d also like to know why you like it.  I’m showing a few each day in my Marketing class.  You may provide as many suggestions as you like.  Offer is available for a limited time.  Void where prohibited.

*****
My all time favorite is this:

It aired only once - during the SuperBowl.  The ad seems even more powerful today.  Computers, pre-Macintosh, had little use for a mouse and there were no graphics.  The idea of “clicking on an icon” simply didn’t exist.

Microsoft saw the great product and copied it to make Windows… but in true Microsoft fashion, it took them seven years to come out with it. 

Unlike many of the Billy Mays infomercials, this was an overly hyped commercial that lived up to the hype.

1 comment:

  1. there is a bud commercial with a sheep streaking that wasa classic super bowl commercial... then there is the unaired remembernce 9-11 commerical they made but never showed too bad as it is very touching and i admit i cried!

    ReplyDelete