Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stone Grill

Ann, Mike and I belatedly celebrated Ann's birthday at the Stone Grill. It's the place in the fall where I had my one good steak in the Emirates. My memory was that it was outrageously expensive so I hadn't gone back until tonight. My memory was off. It was just expensive by Iowa "cheap great-tasting beef" standards. My steak was just under $30.

We ordered a cheese appetizer. Why don't more places in the US offer this?

What gives the Stone Grill its name is how they serve their steaks. The slab you see is super hot and frying the steak. See the steam coming off of it?

The tenderloin I had was excellent.
Ann refused to wear the bib.

Party pooper.

3 comments:

  1. Not for long. It cooks instantly on the super hot stone underneath it. I cut it in half and basically cooked both sides of the two pieces of meat.

    I wish we had one of these in Iowa. It is so cool to grill your own steak at the table with you. Of course, in America they'd make each customer sign a "I will not sue if I get burned" contract. The liability is obviously huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, we won't cover the liability on that risk.

    ReplyDelete