Friday, May 1, 2009

Sign me up!

Earlier this week I asked why pyramid schemes and religion go hand-in-hand. One of the comments was from an Amway distributor:
"My wife and I make 1000's each month. If you treat ppl right (and the training system should teach you this) then it's an awesome business."
See? It's an awesome business. Praise Jesus!

The comment also says,
"Amway is a 50 year old, $8.2 BILLION company. Over the years various support companies have formed. If you felt "icky" at a meeting it was the support system."
Umm, no. Amway had almost that in sales. If you go by sales then GM is a $180 Billion company... when in reality it's stock is worth just over $1 Billion. Amway appears to be privately held so there's no way to give a fair market valuation.

I'd think someone making "1000's each month" wouldn't bother trolling the internet to find a blog like mine. Perhaps, that's another divine intervention. God led him to my blog to help enlighten me and my readers. Hallelujah and pass the off brand ketchup.

4 comments:

  1. I actually thought that person was possibly employed by Amway to do exactly that - troll the Internet and respond to negative comments. Maybe they do that as part of getting their 1000s of dollars a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, for a full time job for 2 people, 1000s a month isn't too exciting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they sell Kool-aide too???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amway is something where you get out of it what you put into it... You call someone up you haven't talked to in years to tell them you have a business proposal for them. If they have any idea what your you're trying to get them involved with, you've ensured it will be many more years before they talk to you again.

    ReplyDelete