Thursday, May 21, 2009

E-mail of the day - flowers

I have never been a flowers guy. They look pretty for a couple of hours... a day at most. Then they start wilting and die. The joy of fresh flowers is exceeded by the sadness of watching them die slowly over the next week. My flowers from last night are already looking sad.

Throughout the day the debate team has been e-mailing each other with congratulations and other nice thoughts. This one caught my eye:
P S: Find time to gift Mr. Steve with more flowers often, I was moved when he said that was the 1st bouqet in his life ;)
Umm, please, no. One bouquet is enough.

At least until I win a pageant.

1 comment:

  1. Cut off the ends of the stems, dissolve an aspirin in warmish water, and put the flowers in it. You always have to trim the ends of the stems so water can be absorbed.

    ReplyDelete