Saturday, May 9, 2009

Another question on religious conversion

Facebook allows users to write status reports on what the user is doing. Some only post exciting things like, "Bungee jumping tomorrow at 2." Others like to write every mundane thing they do and update it many times every day. "Doing dishes," "Headed to watch son play soccer," "Avoiding housework," etc.

One of my friends uses his status reports to spread the word… these are posts from just the past week.

I am thankful for the recession. It has taught me a lot about me and more importantly Him!
Grateful for Grace.
Is thankful for the love, grace and mercy of the most high and most creative God.
He may not come when you want Him, but....
Don't magnify your problems, magnify your God.

Can this possibly be the same guy whose girlfriend in college went to the doctor because she wasn’t feeling well. During the course of the exam she was asked, “How many times have you had sex in the past 48 hours?” She thought for a moment. “25,” she responded.

I may be slightly off on the numbers but I know Sandy knows the story and will correct me.

My point: How does someone go from having so much sex with his girlfriend that she has to go a doctor to so religious that he makes posts like that on a daily basis in Facebook?

4 comments:

  1. Now Steve....we are all getting up there in age. Maybe it was time for a conversion.

    And besides, who says sex isn't a religious experience???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm officially old (no need for comment, since I am fully admitting it!) - because I remember the story, but don't remember who the people involved were. I don't know if it was as high as 25 times, but I do know it was an unbelievable amount.

    I need an e-mail telling me who this was - you never e-mailed about the other story either. So, you can just e-mail me the names of both at once. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give a hint: It was an AOTT with a Lambda Chi. I'm pretty sure her name rhymed with Trudy, and his with Sky.

    You *have to* remember this. Most in my fraternity thought "sky" was a piece of shit. Once we heard that story we had a new found respect for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I remember. I can't believe I forgot! But, I believe that happened after I graduated, which may be why it's a little dimmer in my memory.

    "Trudy" was very inexperienced with "Sky" and was more than a little naive/clueless about things like that. She was very intelligent academically - but did not always have a lot of common sense. I have SO many stories about her - the getting her arm stuck in the vending machine, bringing a "goldfish" home that she was saving from being abandoned (turned out it was a piranha!) - and I could go on.

    I hope you were being sarcastic that you had a "newfound respect" for him? To me, that just confirms his "piece of shit" status!

    It seems to me that it was in a 24-hour period and it was something like 12 times. As I said before, an unbelievable amount.

    So "Sky" has had some kind of religious conversion? I remember having no respect for him as well - and it is difficult for me to think of him as a new found fundamentalist (I guess I'm making that assumption there - but at least someone who is extremely religious). And just when you think you've heard it all!

    ReplyDelete