Friday, May 15, 2009

Please kill me

No not me... It's what I'd be hearing from the flowers if they could talk.
Remember the pretty flowers outside of my office?

This is what they look like now.

These were my favorites because I hadn't seen them before.

Now they look very, very sad.

I once equated this place in spring to fall in the US. That's not accurate. Fall in the (northern) US is beautiful as the leaves change and there's a crispness in the air on a fall morning.

Here the heat is unbearable and even though these flowers are watered everyday they are withering. We've been having record heat... 115 - 120 for the past week. It's only May! Unbelievable for this Iowa boy.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, but I love the desert!!! It builds character. Find a pool and and slushy beverage and you will be fine!!!

    ReplyDelete