Monday, May 4, 2009

The simple pleasures of life

So a washing machine is not one of your simple pleasures? Try going without one for 3 weeks. Here's the timeline: Six weeks ago I asked the housing office to have the bidet removed so I'd have room for the washing machine. Three weeks ago I was still living in my old apartment but it was the last time I did laundry. I moved two weeks ago. I became desperate: I washed... what's the term? delicates(?) in the sink by hand. I went through most of what I own in this country. Today the mission was accomplished. All that remains of the bidet is the hole in the floor for the water to drain.

I told housing I wouldn't sign the paperwork until the bidet was out and the eternal light was fixed. The eternal light shines on.
****
I put the box on top of the washer in case you've ever wondered what "Tide" in Arabic looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment