Monday, May 18, 2009

Dead time

From May 28th to June 11th I will have a lot of free time. Basically, it will be two weeks with very little to do. I considered making a quick trip home but it won't work. It's too bad the weather is so hot or I'd do some traveling within the country... but as hot as it is here Dubai is almost as hot with much more humidity (in other words, worse).

On the good news front, it appears I will be going to the conference next Monday. A chance to meet Paul Krugman. This will match shaking hands with Obama, Hillary and Bill!

I may have just joined you, Chip, in the land of the nerds.

3 comments:

  1. Too bad you aren't coming home this summer. So far the weather has been pretty decent. And you missed the blooming of Spring, traded in for a blistering brown desert. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Steve. It's beautiful here today - mid-60s to mid-70s. Perfect weather. I am SO making up for all of the times you were bragging about how nice it was and we were having -38 degree actual temps!

    So, you have crossed over from geek to nerd now? I thought you had that big illustration/definitions posted on your blog a while back and you stated that you were a geek and not a nerd. So now you think you have crossed the line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... And if you play your cards right, I know Coldplay is coming to Des Moines in December...

    ReplyDelete