Monday, May 11, 2009

Not the way I want to see my hometown in the news

My tiny hometown of less than a thousand people doesn't make the news very often and we like it that way.

But for a poor William Reese of Newhall, Iowa, his world will never be the same. The guy is a civilian employed by the county to work at the jail by day. At night he wanted to be a superhero. For some reason he was driving a deputy sheriff's car and he started pursuing a real deputy sheriff who was off duty. He was speeding through a school zone and the off-duty deputy refused to stop. The deputy drove to his house and called 911.

The entire incident was recorded on the in-car video system.

Cue the music. When this tape is released Newhall will become (in)famous.

2 comments:

  1. I guess there is a job opening now in Benton county!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Keith Olbermann mentioned this as I was passing through the channels. He didn't mention where it was though.

    ReplyDelete