Saturday, May 16, 2009

Weekend remainders

Here are some cool illusions.

Arabs find Obama more popular than the US. This is not surprising. The US invaded Iraq, not Obama. Mending fences here will take time.

Here's a fascinating (and long) story of a financial writer for the New York Times diving into his own personal financial crisis.

This guy pays over $1550/month for a 210 sq. foot apartment in Manhattan. He won an award for making his tiny apartment seem spacious.

Apparently more women are coming out later in life. This woman speculates why.

You just can't trust your drug dealer any more. Cocaine has fallen to 20% purity and in 1/3 of the cases it is only 9% pure. Meanwhile, the White House drug czar calls for an end to the war on drugs.

Here's all you ever wanted to know about TARP but were afraid to ask. I haven't finished reading it yet. It's not exactly a page turner.

And finally, The Onion says Americans have asked for an end to honest news about the economy:
"From now on, just tell me the bullshit I want to hear," Pletcher added. "Tell me my savings are okay, everybody has a job, and we're No. 1 again. Please, just lie to my face."

1 comment:

  1. Ok... so I get arrested and I have some coke on a mirror. If it is only 5% pure am I only a little in trouble?!
    (LMFAO)

    ReplyDelete