Monday, May 11, 2009

US falls behind the rest of the world


I find this map shocking. SHOCKING! The US is in the third tier. Russia is beating us. Western Europe is creaming us. If you look closely you'll see that even Nigeria is beating us.

When I saw that the US was in the 9-11 liters of alcohol consumption per year I was ashamed. I had not realized we were in such a state of decline. I know my friends have done their best to help. Most hit the yearly consumption average on St. Patrick's day alone.

*****
I do have a question that I can't seem to answer looking at the WHO report. How do they measure alcohol? Is 12 ounces of beer measured the same as brandy? Obviously not or the 10 liter average for the US would be WAY too low.

2 comments:

  1. In many places in the US, Iowa and Utah for example, the beer is limited in alcohol. If that is factored in that would hurt the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blame us nerds.

    There's a lot of us nerds out there that are teetotaler's. It's not that I've got something against it, I just never found the taste for it really. Just like how I don't like mayonnaise or ranch dressing. (white food really, I blame my parents for feeding me tarter sauce that i thought was ice cream as a very small child)

    ReplyDelete