Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving preperation

It's officially t-minus 12 hours and counting until I have 20+ guests at my place for Thanksgiving. In a story of EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE the woman at the pork shop who saw my panic of no bacon took down my phone number and requested an early delivery. It came in at 10PM Thursday night. I got the call and now my broccoli cheese and mashed potatoes will be at the bacony best.

It's been an expensive party to throw. As I checked out of one store I thought, "Ok, I've now spent more the price of the plane ticket to the Ukraine..." A few more bills and I realized my share of the hotel bills have been covered.

I'm sure I could have contributed less, but it's my first big party. I don't want guests leaving thinking, "Wow, coming here was a mistake...."

Anyhow, it's well past 1am... I need to go to sleep and, best of all, I'm actually tired.

Update: Despite the headline, I do know how to spell "preparation."

No comments:

Post a Comment