Monday, November 9, 2009

Facebook quote of the day

One of my former students posted this as his status:
"I think one of the greatest things about modern America is the computerization of medical records. As a volunteer sheriff I can look up anyone's psychiatric records or surgical histories. Yeast infections... there a huge number of yeast infections in this county. Probably because we're downriver from that old bread factory..."
It's not like this guy to make stuff up in postings, but it is a bit hard to believe any county would let him be a volunteer sheriff, whatever the hell that is.

5 comments:

  1. He copied it from "The Office." Dwight Shrute says that exact phrase and his character is a volunteer sheriff in his free time.

    Sorry to ruin something that could have been amusing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's toward the bottom:

    http://www.classictvquotes.com/quotes/shows/the-office/page_47.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear the source - sounds kind of creepy even for Dwight Shrute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I should have pasted that into google first. The part that made it quasi-realistic for me is that the guy is in some form of police training.

    While I feel dumb for making the post, I am genuinely HAPPY it's not real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I read the comments before posting that I had discussed the computerization of medical records in a conversation with my doctor a year ago.....and knew it could not be true.

    ReplyDelete