Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanks to the large front room we were able to easily accommodate 18 people.

What made the event a success was the friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Some of the food was great. Some was OK. Some was a mystery. Lesson for the day? A good gravy masks many mistakes. My mashed potatoes and broccoli cheese were less than stellar but put some great gravy on it and it became scrumptulicious.

For the first time I had an excuse to use my ridiculously large hallway. Always thinking in terms of workflow, I created a beverage line, a main course table and a desert table. I credit the Coke machine for making the party better; nobody felt obligated to ask if it was OK to get something more to drink when they saw a large, fully stocked Coke refrigerator!

1 comment:

  1. Gravy on broccoli cheese casserole (with bacon)? Disgusting! I really need to invest in a country cookbook to expand my horizons. I don't think even Paula Deen would put gravy on a broccoli cheese casserole (with bacon).

    ReplyDelete