Sunday, November 15, 2009

Could you use this toilet?

This is one I had to check on Snopes and it's real. Imagine entering a mirrored cubicle like this...
... and it's a bathroom.
You can see everyone passing by you but they can't see you. Could you use this toilet? My first reaction was, "That would be great!" Then I had to admit I'd get stage fright.

In the old Kinnick stadium the bathrooms had long tub urinals. At halftime hundreds of guys would be lined up. No matter how bad I had to go by the time I'd get to the front it just wouldn't happen. I'd close my eyes and picture anything to get the flow going. More than once I had to walk away choking back tears because I, umm, couldn't perform.

There are few worse feelings of failure than an inability to perform one of life's most basic functions.

3 comments:

  1. No way could I use that toilet! Maybe if it was really dark outside, but even then, ewwwwww...
    I couldn't get over the fact that I could see other people but they couldn't see me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it's dark outside they can see in. So could you use it if everyone could see you but you'd have no idea who is watching? Hmm... I think some people are doing this already using a webcam...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They can see in at night? Maybe it makes for a good show when all the drunkies are walking past at 3 AM. That being said, I would have to be quite intoxicated to use that after dark.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was a webcam set up over a toilet...

    ReplyDelete