Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving went great! It was a relaxing dinner. Many people didn't know each other but it was an incredibly positive, friendly atmosphere. I couldn't have asked for it to have gone better... except well, I got rushed and put too much soup in the broccoli casserole and too little milk in the mashed potatoes.

Chris - the person who has hosted in years past - brought the turkey and made incredible turkey gravy... and I rarely like turkey gravy. Her secret? To get extra broth she boiled a chicken the night before to create a large amount of chicken stock. After she mixed with the turkey drippings she added spices from the old Simon & Garfunkel song. Ann and her sang it and I swear I've never heard it.

Chris also played the part of host, directing people, making sure the bowl of cranberries was refilled, etc... which was great! I like throwing parties. I like doing the pre-work and don't really mind the cleanup. I just don't like playing host, so the two of us made a good team.

I'd love to show some pictures from the day but once again, none of my card readers are working. I've purchased four in the past year. They're not expensive but I'd have no problem paying more for one that wouldn't break.

In other words, pictures will have to wait for tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a successful dinner. I envy your guests enjoying everything you cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it went well, Steve, and so sorry I had to miss it this year.

    ReplyDelete