Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Conservative Christian Group: Ban Muslims from the military

Sometimes I think there are people in the US who want the US to be hated in the Middle East:
The more devout a Muslim is, the more of a threat he is to national security. Devout Muslims, who accept the teaching of the Prophet as divinely inspired, believe it is their duty to kill infidels.
Umm, no. Just as I hope Christianity is not judged by how its crazies interpret the Bible, Islam should not be judged by how theirs interpret the Koran.

I do have to admit a prejudice: When I arrived the very religious - with those long, scraggly beards - kinda freaked me out. I've had several as students and to a man, each has been the nicest, most polite guys I've ever met. Unlike many of their classmates they never whine or complain. They come on time and don't disrupt class. It's also next to impossible to get them to engage in class conversation, but that's an acceptable trade-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment