Saturday, November 14, 2009

Clash of the Titans

&
VS.
Rupert Murdoch has built an incredible media empire that includes Fox, Fox News, the Wall Street Journal and several tabloids. He recently decided that the majority of the content from his news sites should go behind a pay wall. Unless you're a paid subscriber you won't get it.

Hmm. Many years ago I read the New York Times columnists every day. I even had my political economy class read one conservative and one liberal columnist. To try to raise money, the Times put them behind a pay wall. I stopped reading. A year later they realized it was a failure and stopped it. I haven't gone back to regular reading.

The article explains what Murdoch is doing, but what is most interesting is the comments. Every single comment thinks it's a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment