Monday, November 9, 2009

You said how much?

Well over a month ago I mailed a DVD back to the couple whose wedding I photographed in August. (I left a raw copy of all of the pics with them in case, you know, my plane crashed.) It took the photoshop guy here a month to get them processed and I mailed it shortly after returning from Ukraine.

I found out it never arrived.

So, I've been trying to send it through DHL/FedEx for the past week. I've checked pretty much every day and the office has been closed. Today it was open and I thought, "Finally!"

I asked how much it was to ship it to the US and the guy replied, "385 dirham." That's $105. "You can't be serious!" was my reply. Oh, but he was. He gave me a breakdown of prices and it was all too real. I know it's wrong to shoot the messenger but I couldn't resist saying, "Gee, no wonder DHL went out of business in the US."

*****
Here's what makes it particularly ridiculous: If I send money home the company that mails the checks charges $15 to send it by... you guessed... DHL. And I add whatever I want to the envelope.

So I went to that place with the intention of mailing $50 home and throwing in the DVD's. The lights were on. The sign on the door said, "Open," but the doors were locked and I couldn't see anyone inside.

I'll try again tomorrow. I wouldn't want Amanda & Peter to miss seeing how excited their guests were at their reception.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to post this comment here, but there does not seem to be any way to post a comment to your next entry.

    Wanted to make a correction to your Carrie Prejean comment. Everything I have read about the court appearance says it took MS. PREJEAN all of about 15 second to drop her lawsuit.....not that it took the judge that amount of time to drop it.

    Not very important.....but it does make more sense - and is much funnier - when you know SHE was the one who dropped the suit.

    ReplyDelete